- What is the Climate Privacy Statement and Terms of Service?
The Climate Privacy Statement and Terms of Service outlines the type of information we collect, how we handle and use that information, and how customers control access to their customer farm data.
- What information is covered by the Climate Privacy Statement and Terms of Service?The Climate Privacy Statement and Terms of Service covers the personal and farm data provided at purchase and submitted during set up, and information gathered through the use of any Climate Corporation products and services, including data generated from the farming equipment you own or lease. It also covers any non-identifying data collected on our website, such as IP addresses and cookies.
Our customers have the option to share their data with preferred, self-selected agronomic partners.
- What specific information is collected about me or my farm operation?
Customers are required to provide business contact information to set up their FieldView account. Some FieldView features and services may require customers to upload, input, transmit and store data about their farm operation, such as field locations, maps or boundaries, recorded environmental information, weather or climatic conditions, agronomic practices, crop losses, crop yields and field images. That customer farm data can be aggregated to create large data sets referenced for research and development.
- Does The Climate Corporation own the customer farm data uploaded into FieldView?No. Our customers own the customer farm data they provide to The Climate Corporation, including data generated from the farming equipment they operate. We may combine publicly available information with anonymized insights from multiple customers’ farms to support the development, production, and deployment of new and better products and agriculture inputs, including seed and crop protection products.
- How will my customer farm data be used?
Aggregated and anonymized customer farm data can be used for internal operations and research and development purposes, including aggregating it with other data sets for the development of new digital tools and for the development of seed and crop protection products. This is essential in delivering the full value of digital farming. Using aggregated information in our research and development allows us to accelerate the rate of ag innovation by identifying, understanding and analyzing interdependencies that drive productivity. Aggregated information can also be used to inform the supply chain to ensure farmer customers have access to the products that perform best on their operations.
- Will you share my personal information with others?
We may share personal information with our Bayer group affiliates and with our dealers, distributors and others working with us, for the purpose of communicating with customers about our products and services, as for example the eligibility for a marketing program. We will not share personal information with any non-affiliated third-party vendor or website owner for their own marketing purposes without customer consent. Our customers control how their data is shared. Customers have the option to share their data with preferred, self-selected agronomic partners.
- Who else has access to the farm data I provide?
Only The Climate Corporation and our affiliates, and service providers supporting our business operations have access to your farm data. Service providers are companies and consultants we work with to support our business operations, like website hosting, data analysis, software development, and other services. Those service providers agree not to use or disclose your information other than to provide their services for us.
You may choose to share your farm data with others by sharing your Climate account with other FieldView users (such as your dealer, agronomist, and/or sales representative) or by choosing to link your FieldView account with a preferred partner. Our Climate Privacy Statement and Terms of Service does not address, and we aren’t responsible for the information and data collection, use, disclosure or security of any partner, third party or other person with whom you choose to share your customer farm data . We provide you the ability to view what access rights you’ve granted to others and you may revoke that access at any time.
- Can I delete my Climate FieldView Account?
Yes. Email email@example.com or call Climate Customer Support at (888) 924-7475 to have your customer farm data and accounts deleted from our systems. There are some practical and required exceptions. We won’t delete information we’re legally required to keep or that is needed to protect our rights or to support your products and services.
If you request account deletion, we will remove account details that directly identify you. We may retain some information about you or your farm operation, as required, for internal purposes, such as for legal compliance and operational purposes. We may also retain some information that has been aggregated, anonymized or put through another technical process that reduces our ability to attribute information to you for our internal operations and research and development purposes. We will no longer link this information with your FieldView account.
- Can I export my information from your systems to transfer it to a different agronomic services or digital farming company?
Yes. We provide several ways to move data out of The Climate Corporation platforms and services to allow you to extract your data at any time and send it to another service provider. We will continue to add more options for export over time.
- Will you voluntarily share my information with the government?
No. We will not share your information with any government entity unless we’re compelled, or legally required in our judgment, to do so. We may share your information with law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our Climate services policies; (2) if we believe someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or to anyone else; (3) to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
- Will you use customer farm data for commodity trading purposes?
No. We do not (and will not) use individual customer farm data or aggregated data to make speculative commodities trades, other than hedging during the normal course of business to manage risks associated with our own seed/commodity production operations.
- Will you sell my information?
No. We do not and will not sell your information.
- What are some examples of how you use aggregated data for internal operations or research and development?
We may combine customer farm data with data from other sources to create aggregated data sets that allow us to provide valuable agronomic insights to our customers. Aggregated information is not personally identifiable to a customer. Examples of aggregated information include summaries of pest and disease reports by region, the performance of a corn hybrid by soil type, or average yield by management practice in a state.
We may use aggregated data to improve the quality of our products and services and to make product advancement, production, deployment and distribution decisions. For example, aggregated information may be used to:
- Identify seed hybrids and varieties that will perform best for farmers and produce that seed in the right quantity to meet farmer demand.
- Develop potential new seed or crop protection products that will be beneficial for farmers.